Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

Apartment Decorating on a Budget

Hi everyone!
I am so sorry that this post is so long overdue. Adjusting to my schedule this semester has been challenging to say the least, but I've finally fallen into a routine and I'm ready to get back into blogging! One of my ventures over the last two months was decorating my room in my very own apartment! I was so excited (and still am) to have my own space that I can do whatever I want with. I have finally gotten to where I feel like everything is complete. I made a list of things that I purchased to make my room feel chic as well as comfortable and homey, all while staying on the less expensive side of things!

1. Gallery wall
When I was prepping for move in day, I loved the idea of a gallery wall, but I didn't know how to make it happen. Luckily for me my friend Carylanne found me a gallery wall book at Hobby Lobby for a birthday gift! She also spray painted a bunch of frames in gray, gold and pink, the colors I had picked out for my room. I can't find the exact link to the gallery wall book, but you can find them at the store for $10! This is definitely my favorite part of my room by far. (Also, I now have decorated the shelves on the side, which were from Target. They add a great touch!)


2. Coffee Table Decorations
Since I am a college student, my room is pretty tiny and definitely not apt for a coffee table. I decided to take the tips I had learned from Pinterest and create a "coffee table" out of the top of my dresser! I filled it with candles, my favorite style books, pictures frames and perfumes. It really is a collection of my favorite items, most of which I already had. I got the votive holders from World Market and they were a total steal. The little terrarium is from my sister and also from World Market. I love having her personal touch there. The frame above it all was $5 from Target!



3. Paper Lanterns
I got this set of 3 eyelet paper lanterns on Amazon for less than $10! I hung them up with fishing line to make them look like they are floating and tied that to command hooks. I love the slightly boho feel they give to the room.


4. Canvases/Posters
My big, Bethany, is an amazing artist and always gives me beautiful canvases as gifts! They have made the best addition to my room. I even made a couple of my own. I also went to a poster sale at school and picked up a $5 photo of the Eiffel Tower and another Monet one. Painting a canvas yourself or buying a cheap poster is a perfect way to decorate the walls and add the personal touch that will make you feel at home.


5. Bedding/pillows
I got my bedding from Anna's Linens, which sadly closed right after I bought my set. However, I did get the big fluffy pillow from Marshall's for $15! I also really recommend Burlington Coat Factory for throw pillows. They are super cute and won't break the bank!

I hope you can take some of these tips and use them for yourself! Have a great rest of October and happy decorating!

xoxo,
Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment