Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

My DIY Cutoffs

I'll admit it...I'm not usually one for DIY (do-it-yourself) projects. I don't like sewing, I dislike crafts, and my artsy side is not suited for painting and putting cute little things together. I usually avoid anything in the DIY family. But, when my friend's aunt gave me these jeans, I found myself not really given a choice but to remake them.
 
 
 
 
I don't think I really even need to explain these. I don't know where to begin. The fact that they're ombre, twice? I don't think the ombre trend should ever be applied to denim. And they're sparkly. And they're flare jeans. I wanted to give them back but she didn't want them so I decided to make them into cutoffs.
 
I've never made cutoffs before.
 
I looked up a few tutorials on Youtube. The process is actually very simple. Scissors and jeans is pretty much all you need. I tried them on and drew a line with eyeliner for where i wanted them to end. I cut them slightly higher toward the hips and lower near the crotch. I wasn't quite sure what I should expect.
 
 

I got these hideous jeans to look cute. And I have a new pair of shorts for summer. I'm proud of them. Not to mention they fit the high-waisted trend.

Maybe it's time for me to get into DIY projects after all. xoxo Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment