Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Favorite Summer Candles

I have way too many obsessions and collections: lip gloss, nail polish, perfume...stuffed animals. (Embarrassing, I know.) One of my latest addictions is candles! I love anything that smells good and there are so many candles out there to choose from. The sweet scent filling my room relaxes me into a state of complete bliss. I used to only like winter candles because that's when the warm, sugary smells come into stores, but lately I've been diving into more tropical scents. I thought I would share some of my picks!

 This is my summer candle collection. It's not too large at the moment, but I'm satisfied that it will get me through the summer. I keep this tray on my bedside table. Sorry for the mess!
 This is Yankee Candle Cherry Lemonade. It smells great, very fruity but not overly sweet. I bought this votive holder from World Market for 99 cents and wax spilled EVERYWHERE the first time I burned this thing. I'm going to have to figure out how to prevent that from happening.
 Yankee Candle Bahama Breeze. This smells like a mixture of fruity drinks, definitely at least a pina colada. I love this one but as you can see I haven't quite gotten the hang of melting these yet.
 These are my two unopened ones from Yankee Candle last weekend but let me tell you, they smell incredible! I can't wait to use them. And they were on a BOGO sale.

This Bath and Body Works one right here is my all time favorite! It smells like a tropical island. It takes me back to my trip to the British Virgin Islands. It captures perfectly the coconut smell of the drinks I had and the sand and surf in the background. I highly recommend this.
 
These two are my dying candles from last summer. I'm heartbroken over Mango Cilantro. It smells so good and I am not realy to be finished with it! I don't think Bath and Body Works still carries that scent. If you can get your hands on it though you should try it out.
 
Those are my favorite summer candles for this year! I want to hear about yall's favorite summer candles too so please let me know! xoxo Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment