Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2015

DIY Makeup Wipes and Mason Jar Makeup Brush Holders

Maybe it's being a southern girl or being in a sorority, or maybe it's the modern convenience of Pinterest, but lately I have been into all things crafty. I love the adventure of picking out supplies at a craft store to make a cheaper version of what you can simply buy. I also love looking at my latest creation when it all comes together. This post is a mashup of some of the little crafts I've made lately that have made my bathroom my own. 

There are two parts to this post: a recipe for making your own makeup wipes, and how to make these burlap-lace-pearl mason jars to hold your makeup brushes! 


1. DIY Makeup Wipes

Makeup wipes are one of those items that you just can't live without--but they are SO expensive! And I don't know about you, but I go through them super quickly. When I realized it was possible to make them at home, I sped over to the grocery store to pick up the only two ingredients I needed: baby wash and coconut oil. I had no idea that I would end up loving this little recipe as much as I do since I've had several at home beauty products fail miserably in the past. However, this one is totally worth it. It flawlessly removes everything including mascara and the coconut oil hydrates without causing breakouts!  

All you have to do is melt a little bit of the baby wash and coconut oil with 2 cups of water in the microwave. Then pour it over the cotton pads in your mason jar and you're done! I got the chalkboard sticker from Walmart and I love the little rustic touch. 

Here's the link to the recipe I used! 



2. Mason Jar Makeup Brush Holders

I love everything with burlap, lace and pearls right now. I can't resist anything with that combination. I got this idea from a Pinterest wedding decoration and I realized I could totally make it myself! For materials, you need a roll of burlap material, some lace, bling it pearls (sold at A. C. Moore and they are amazing, your mason jars and a hot glue gun! 


The first step is figuring out where you want all of the parts to go. For my two jars, I put the lace and pearls on in different places to add some variety. You just need to plan ahead a little to decide what to do first. For the jar pictured above, the process was so simple. First I measured out and glued down the two lace strips. Then I wrapped the burlap fabric around twice so it would be opaque and glued it on top. The pearls are adhesive and peel off in strips so they were easy to apply as well!

I hope you enjoy my tips and tricks for making these mason jar crafts! They are super simple and easy even if you don't consider yourself very crafty. I hope you enjoyed this post and happy holidays! 

xoxo, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment