Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Taylor Swift Inspired Neutral Makeup

This morning as I was scrolling through Tumblr I stumbled upon a meme from Taylor Swift's interview with Barbara Walters, seen here. Her makeup was much more neutral than is the norm for her. She kept her signature winged black liner, but had an understated lip color and eye shadow as well as beautifully bronzed cheeks. I used it as inspiration for my makeup today since it was perfect for a glamorous but everyday look.



Here are some tips and products that made the look possible.

1. Bronzer is really important for making your face glow like Taylor's. Brush it onto the apples of your cheeks, your nose, chin and forehead and also on your neck. I used the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer. 

2. Defined brows pull together your whole face. I mixed together a brown powder and wax from Anastasia. 

3. For classic winged liner, I used the Loreal The Infallible Blackbuster pen. I'm not a huge fan of it since it's not very black but it did the job. 

4. For deep, nude-pink lips I used a liquid lipstick by Mary Kay. Another option would be the Revlon Just Kissable Balm Stain in Honey, one of my personal favorites. 

And finally, the meme that started it all. I hope this look inspires someone to take a Taylor Swift twist on their normal makeup like I did! Xoxo, Katie

1 comment: