Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring and Other Blooming Things

Not much makes me happier than warm weather. During the winter when the temperatures drop, it’s difficult for me to resist becoming a total recluse and cuddling up in my bed with several blankets (and most of the time that is exactly what happens.) Now that spring is here I can actually venture out into the light of day and my outlook on life always faces a much more positive turnaround. I’m also facing a lot of new and exciting opportunities to the point that I’m a little frightened of it all. Fear of failure is a very potent force in my life and is something that I want to change but that’s definitely easier said than done!
            To explain further, this week is USC Fashion Week! I’m a Social Media Assistant and I’m a Public Relations Assistant for the Student Designer Showcase tomorrow night. I’ve been looking forward to this week all year and I’m so glad it’s finally here. Talking with other members of the club as well as some of the industry professionals I’ve gotten to meet has really inspired me. I live and breathe for retail and I want to put even more drive into it than I already have. I’ll be sharing photos from this week as it happens. This one is from the Doggy Fashion Show we just had yesterday.


            Back to the topic of spring! I figured I would share a couple things that I’m into at the moment that need to be shared. My favorite Starbucks drink is an iced coffee with skim milk, cinnamon dolce syrup and light ice. The best part? A grande is less than $3! For coffee lovers like myself you have got to try this. It tastes amazing and it saves a lot of money. I also love my laptop sticker from MagicalMonograms on Etsy. That was only $6 and was delivered in less than a week! I love stumbling upon Etsy shops that have great prices and customer service.

            I know this post was kind of random, but I want readers to see a more personal side of me! That’s something I love to see in others. I leave you with this quote that inspires me to work towards my goals:

            “Find what you love and find a way to make that part of your every day. You have to find the confidence to take certain risks. You’re going to hear a lot of no’s before you get to the yes’. It’s important to have that confidence to overcome that and know it’s part of trying to grow something big.” –Whitney Port

No comments:

Post a Comment