Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Newly Released Eye Shadow Palettes - Review

There's something about a palette that is so much more alluring than buying regular makeup. First and foremost, the packaging..I can't say no to something with a great box and shades in a combination I've never seen before. This month I purchased two new palettes and I'm equally obsessed with them both so I thought I would share a review of them for you! 

The first is the Blushed Nudes by Maybelline. I am obsessed with this arrangement of colors. They combine into the most gorgeous pinky-bronze smoky eye and the darker shades are just enough for something soft but sultry. I've loved coming up with new looks with it since all of the colors really work well together. The pigmentation isn't top dollar, but I personally don't mind. They actually look nice since they're a little softer and then you don't have to work as hard to blend out any darker shades. Almost all the colors have a really pretty shimmer to them as well. Here are some photos and swatches!





What I'm sharing next is something that I could not be more excited about! It is the new customizable palette from Buxom. At Sephora right now it's the top display on the shelf. For $40, which I think is a crazy deal, you get to pick 6 shades and put them in yourself! (Which is so incredibly easy, the pan slides right out and you just pop them in place!) the shadows are a great size and there's a huge variety. I think this is invaluable since I've been looking for a palette with the exact shades I want for ages! I'm very picky about my shadows and while my palette might look super boring, it's something I've been waiting for! I can't believe I haven't heard more about this before. I also love the simple black packaging. 



I hope you get inspired to go try these out! I promise you won't be disappointed. 

xoxo, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment